Thai Style Pork Stir Fry with Vegetables
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp chili paste such as Sriracha
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb lean ground pork
- 4 cups chopped vegetables (sweet red pepper, broccoli, carrots)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, fish sauce and chili paste. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until starting to colour. Add the pork and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the vegetables and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 5-6 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with cilantro and peanuts, if using.