Tomato Cesar Salad
- 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, finely grated, plus shaved for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2lb. mixed tomatoes, sliced, quartered or halved
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Puree anchovies, garlic, oil, lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard and 2 Tbsp. Parmesan in a blender until smooth. Season dressing with salt and pepper. (Or, finely chop anchovies and garlic and whisk together dressing in a medium bowl).
- Arrange tomatoes on a large plate; drizzle dressing over. Top with basil and shaved Parmesan and season generously with pepper. Enjoy!
If you are hand whisking, add another 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise for the consistency you need. Tomato slices are better than wedges here; laid flat, they hold the dressing in place.