Tomato-Watermelon and Feta Salad with Mint and Basil
- 4 to 6 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1 1/4″ cubes
- 1 small seedless watermelon, cut into 1 1/4″cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup feta cheese, torn into large crumbles
- a handful of basil leaves
- a handful of mint leaves
- Combine the cubed tomatoes and watermelon in a large, nonreactive bowl (i.e. glass bowl) and toss gently to combine. Add salt and let stand 5 to 10 minutes while you prepare the dressing.
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cheese to the tomatoes and watermelon. Top with mint and basil leaves, tearing them as you go. Add the dressing and toss gently to combine. Serve and enjoy!