Vanilla Cake from “Whisking Wizards”
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
Hannah Howey, @sweetspiritsandsprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking pan with
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a separate small bowl, stir together the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, vinegar, and water.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix them with a spatula until thoroughly combined. The batter should be thin.
- Using a whisk, finish mixing the batter to incorporate any remaining small clumps of flour. Pour into the prepared baking pan scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing the cake from the pan and onto a wire rack to cool completely.