Vegetarian Salade Nicoise
- 1 head of lettuce, washed, dried
- 1lb baby potatoes cooked, halved and at room temp
- 1/4 cup sliced white onion
- 1 small English cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 small green or yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 lb green beans, blanched
- 12 pitted black olives
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes,halved
- 2 hard boiled eggs, halved
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place the lettuce leaves on the top of a large platter
- Decoratively arrange the potatoes, onion, cucumber, peppers, green beans, olives, tomatoes, eggs and lemon wedges. Garnish with parsley
- Make the dressing by combining the vinegar, Dijon and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil until smooth and thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the dressing in a bowl and place on the platter with the salad.
Enjoy with grilled salmon or tuna!