Wild Mushroom Crostini
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- *6 cups of assorted local specialty mushrooms cleaned and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of mushroom truffle pate or 1 tsp. truffle oil salt and pepper
- 12 Tablespoons mild goat cheese such as local C’est Bon
- 12 thin slices of grilled ciabatta bread
* There are lots of great specialty mushrooms produced locally. They include shiitakes, cremini and oyster. Be sure to remove and discard stem of shiitake mushrooms.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large frying or sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook until just tender.
- Stir in mushroom/truffle pate or truffle oil.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Spread a spoonful of the goat cheese onto the crostini. Spoon some of the mushroom mixture on top.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place on a platter and serve.